- Educational objectives: The programme supplies general education. It aims at preparing specialists and researchers with a wide range of knowledge and skills in humanities (psychology, linguistics, anthropology, etc.) and basics in neuroscience and AI. The main educational goals of the programme are cognitive and behavioural. They include acquisition of: knowledge and understanding of contemporary condition, newest achievements and theoretical debates in cognitive science, of which philosophy of mind is an important part; skills for independent research and skills for applying the methods of cognitive science to real situations of translation, communication, and knowledge transfer; attitudes of critical and creative thinking, leadership, decision making and project development
- Description: The programme comprises lectures, seminars and field research, providing general theoretical and specialized practical skills. Lectures offer the necessary knowledge about the main contemporary views on nature and functions of mind and language according to different approaches: philosophical, psychological, linguistic, neuroscientific, anthropological, and in the theory of AI. Seminars and field research develop skills for analysis, hypothesis and theories formulation, design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments, translation and efficient communication. The general theoretical education is being carried out within the mandatory disciplines, and the special education takes into account the career projects of the students and is carried out through optional courses. The final stage is defense of a MA thesis.
- Professional Qualifications: Students graduating the programme acquire professional competencies in: creative orientation in contemporary philosophical and scientific knowledge; data analysis and categorization; management of data torrents; well organized and efficient oral and written communication; project design
- Professional Realization: Students graduating the programme can work in high school and university education system, as teachers and managers, assistants in academic institutions, NGO experts, government administration; they can work as PR experts, in advertisement, information management, as moderators, editors, journalists, etc.
- Terms of acceptance: For studies with state grants: a BA degree in any field, average academic result 4,50; for payed studies a BA degree in any field, average academic result 4,00. The candidates must pass an interview concerning their motivation, skills, and previous knowledge in the subject area.