Duration of the training: 2 semesters
Form of training: distance learning
Language of training: English
Program Director: Professor Tatyana Dronzina
Contact Information: +359 2 800 51 11, 322
- A. Program “Political pathologies of the global world (in English)” empowers students to analyze events, which threaten the normal functioning of the political systems and societies in the contemporary global world. The program consists exclusively of courses, which give applicable and practical knowledge in the field of the terrorism, radicalization, and corruption, combating of the organized crime, religion and violence. The teaching staff of the Program consists of qualified international experts. The Duration of this M. A. Program is 2 semesters. It ends with the writing of a master thesis. The applicants should have completed their education in accredited academic institutions in their home countries or abroad, regardless of the professional field. All students must acquire during the training:
- Knowledge about the pathologies of the global world
- Skills for research of processes and events in the relevant field
- Skills for preparation, writing and checking of information in the relevant m field
- Skills for searching, analyzing and verification of information about the global networks
- Skills for sharing of knowledge, experience and good practices through the global network
- Skills for creating and using of networks
- Skills to identify, analyze and evaluate political pathologies of the global world
- Skills to analyze their influence on the political systems and institutions of relevant societies
- Skills for an early warning of the rise of political pathologies and for increasing public awareness about the threats and challenges they rise
- Skills to develop strategies for prevention of and dealing with political pathologies of the global world
On the basis of these skills and knowledges all students will receive the following professional competences:
- Understanding of nature, forms and trends in modern terrorism, corruption, radicalization and violence
- Defense of the national, regional and global security systems against such threats
- Using of internet as a place for organizing counteraction to them
- Creating and using of networks as a method of exchanging of knowledge, experience and good practices in the prevention and dealing of terrorism, corruption, radicalization and using of religion as a tool of legitimizing the political violence.
Students, who successfully graduate the M. A. Program “Political pathologies of the global world in English” can work in the security field, in the government and local institutions, in media and non-governmental organization, in public policy sector as advisors, experts and managers.
Documents required for application:
- Letter of Motivation (in English only) – Motivation letter should be no longer than 500 words. It must be submitted within the program application deadline.
- CV in English. If applicable: a full list of publications and conference participations. The list should be a part of your CV. It must be submitted within the program application deadline.
- Bachelor Diploma (certified copy)*. You must have successfully completed a bachelor degree at a recognized university.
Applicants are selected on the basis of their documents. Strong preference will be given to applicants, who have publications or participations in Conferences and other International Forums regarding the profile of the MA Program.
All candidates must submit their application documents on the Program’s e-mail before the deadline.
If the applicants are Bulgarian citizents they must attach the required documents (CV, Motivation Letter and a Scanned copy of their Diploma) to their dossier during the process of registration in the electronic reception platform from where they will be fowarded to the selection committee. Foreign citizents should sent the full set of documents (CV, Letter of Motivation and Scanned cpy of their Diploma) to email@example.com by attaching also a special questionnaire, which will be sent to them by the selection committee. If the applicants have graduated in a University abroad they have to pass a procedure for recognition of their educational degree in order to receive a Certificate for recognition. The Certificate is attached to the full set of the documents. All applicants are notified personally of the results of the admission.